Respected Real Estate Lawyers in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
A legal team with decades of experience serving clients throughout the region
At DesChamps Law Firm, our attorneys have litigated a broad range of real estate legal matters across the Myrtle Beach area, including those related to both commercial and residential properties. We’ve served clients throughout the region since 1979, and we can help you or your organization navigate the complicated issues that may prevent you from moving forward on important projects or transactions. Our team covers virtually all aspects of real estate law.
Complex real estate legal matters
Real estate law encompasses many complex issues. Some of these issues require litigation to resolve, while others can simply be accomplished with the help of a skilled transactional real estate attorney. Our attorneys are unique in that they practice all aspects of real estate law, including both transactional and litigation or dispute resolution. Some of the most common complex real estate issues include the following:
- Real estate litigation. Real estate litigation is often necessary to resolve disputes involving purchase and sale contracts partnership disputes, commercial leases, property insurance, and design/construction defects.
- Residential real estate transactions. Residential real estate transactions involve many steps. The closing process can be difficult to negotiate alone; for this reason, it’s often advisable to consult a real estate attorney. An attorney can also help home sellers navigate the process of ensuring they have complied with laws requiring them to fully disclose information about the home’s physical condition and the danger of home warranties.
- Commercial real estate transactions. Commercial real estate transactions are even more complex than residential transactions, as they typically involve large amounts of money and increased liability for all parties involved.
- Formation of special tax districts. In some situations, a special tax district may be the best avenue for you and your neighbors to have that road in your neighborhood repaired. This is a complex process, but a skilled real estate attorney can help you navigate the requirements for helping you achieve your goal for your neighborhood.
- Drafting and negotiating real estate agreements. Whether you’re renting or leasing a commercial property, the process of drafting and negotiating the real estate agreement can be stressful and full of complex legal language. Retaining a real estate attorney will help the process go much more smoothly.
A trusted real estate law firm in Horry County
For nearly 40 years, the attorneys at DesChamps Law Firm have served individuals, businesses and organizations throughout Myrtle Beach and the surrounding areas. To set up a meeting with a skilled real estate lawyer, call 843-353-6120 or contact us online.