Respected Real Estate Lawyers in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
A legal team with decades of experience serving clients throughout the grand strand
At DesChamps Law Firm, our attorneys have litigated a broad range of real estate legal matters across the Myrtle Beach and Grand Strand area, including those related to both commercial and residential properties. We’ve served clients throughout the region since 1979, and we can help you or your organization navigate through the complicated issues that may prevent you from moving forward on important projects or transactions. Our team covers virtually all aspects of real estate law.
Complex real estate legal matters
Real estate law encompasses many complex issues. Some of these issues require litigation to resolve or dispose of an issue, while others can simply be accomplished with the help of a skilled transactional real estate attorney. Our attorneys are unique in that they practice all aspects of real estate law, including both transactional and litigation or dispute resolution. Some of the most common complex real estate issues often include the following:
- Real Estate Litigation. Real estate litigation is often necessary to resolve disputes involving purchase and sale contracts, business and organizational disputes, commercial leases, property and title insurance, title issues, and many more issues and disputes which impact real property.
- Residential Real Estate Transactions. Residential real estate transactions involve many steps. The closing process can be difficult to negotiate alone; for this reason, it’s often advisable to consult a real estate attorney. An attorney can also help home sellers navigate through the process of ensuring that they have complied with all applicable disclosure requirements and other duties and obligations imposed by contract, law, or statute; or the dangers pertaining to home warranties.
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions. Commercial real estate transactions are even more complex than residential transactions, as they typically involve large amounts of money; detail-oriented preparation, review, and due diligence; and increased liability for all parties involved.
- Formation of Special Tax Districts. In some situations, a special tax district may be the best avenue for you and your neighbors to have that road in your neighborhood repaired. This is a complex process, and DesChamps Law Firm is one of the few law firms in the area with experience in the special tax district arena.
- Drafting and Negotiating Real Estate Agreements. Whether you’re renting or leasing a commercial property, the process of drafting and negotiating a real estate agreement can be stressful and full of complex legal language. Retaining a knowledgeable and experienced real estate attorney will help the process go much more smoothly.
A Trusted Real Estate Law Firm in Horry County
For nearly 40 years, the attorneys at DesChamps Law Firm have served individuals, businesses, and organizations throughout Myrtle Beach and the surrounding Grand Strand area. To set up a consultation with a skilled real estate lawyer, call 843-353-6120 or contact us online.