Our Areas of Practice
Real estate, corporate, civil, and construction law in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Whether you are a lender, real estate developer, contractor, owner or investor, the DesChamps Law Firm can help you. Our firm concentrates on specific practice areas that we believe are most critical to our clients' business needs in South Carolina's Horry and Georgetown counties.
Our real estate practice
DesChamps Law Firm is proud of our full-service real estate practice. We assist clients with a variety of real estate transactions and situations, including:
- Residential real estate transactions
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Formation of special tax districts
- Negotiation and drafting of real estate contracts
- Transactional due diligence
- Lease and sale agreement review and preparation
- Hotel and motel development, purchase and sale
- Title and loan commitment drafting, negotiation and review
We also provide representation at real estate closings, where we represent our clients under the South Carolina requirement that an attorney be present at all closings.
Commercial and civil litigation
We represent homebuilders, commercial developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and business owners, as well as property owners in construction defect cases, landlords, motel owners, investors and real estate clients in our litigation and dispute resolution practice. DesChamps Law Firm helps clients effectively resolve their real estate, construction, corporate and mortgage foreclosure matters through mediation or litigation by addressing a variety of disputes, such as:
- Real estate litigation, including contract disputes, quiet title actions, partition actions, foreclosures, landlord-tenant disputes and homeowners‘ association (HOA) matters
- Corporate litigation with a focus on partnership, member or shareholder disputes
- Construction litigation, including matters under South Carolina’s mechanics’ lien laws, surety bonds, architectural intellectual property, and structural defects
- Debtor and creditor representation in mortgage foreclosure, lien priority disputes and other litigation
We also have been on the forefront of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in South Carolina, both representing clients in mediation and arbitration as well as serving as court-appointed or party-selected mediators and arbitrators.
Business and individual practices
DesChamps Law Firm handles a variety of other practices for our individual and business clients throughout the state and across the country:
- Business entity issues, including corporate, LLC, and partnership formations, franchising and franchise agreements, and business contracts
- Wills, trusts and estate preparation, counseling and drafting
- Representation of lenders in title commitments and review of documents
Understanding your values — delivering results you want
For assistance with real estate, civil litigation or business legal matters, call the DesChamps Law Firm at 843-353-6120 or contact us online today.